DRM Music files work.
Jiggling icon reorder works
Maps, Mail etc work. Positioning should work.
Your music and videos will stay, but you will lose all your old apps that are in /Applications. If they are in /Var/Applications they are safe.
Summerboard isn't compatible with 1.1.3 yet.
SSH access works.
Note: Turn SSH on before doing this, if it gets stuck in restore mode, use iNdependence to sort it out.
I did this using the new iJailbreakme method.
1. If you are running 1.1.1, upgrade to 1.1.2 using the okto prep method. Using 1.1.1 with this method causes DRM and other problems.
2. Install the latest versions of BSDsubsystem and Installer
3. Add 'http://ijailbreak.com/repo.plist' as a source in Installer (sources -> edit -> add)
4. Back up anything that you want to keep. This could easily go wrong and require a restore.
5. In installer there should now be a 'iJailBreakMobile' category, from that install 'iJailBreakMobile 1.1.2'. This will put a new icon on your springboard.
6. Set the iPod auto lock to NEVER.
7. Run 'iJailBreak' from your springboard. This will take some time, it downloads the entire iPod 1.1.3 update from Apple.
8. When it finishes, it should either reboot on its own, leave you with a spinning cog, or say process completed. If you get the latter two, reboot yourself by holding the sleep and home buttons at the same time.
9. Upon reboot you should be greeted with your new springboard, which will contain the basic applications and Installer.
10. Run installer and from the 'iJailBreakMobile' category, run 'iPod Touch Software Upgrade'. Or if that doesn't work, as it did for me, add the 'Apple Repository' to installer 'http://applerepo.com' and run their preparation patch.
11. Reboot, and you should have the jiggly icons, all the 'Premium' applications and the ability to add webapps to the springboard through safari.
If installer randomly crashes when installing applications, it's because you're out of space on that partition. I was getting
mv: /bin/: terminated with 1 (non-zero) status: Cross-device linkwhen trying to symlink and move applications. So use this guide.
This method worked fool proofedly for me. You may get a different experience. If things go wrong, force recovery mode and do a restore.
Other related posts:
Jailbreak your 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 iPod Touch.
My iPod Touch 1.1.3 Jailbroken Gallery
Buy a Mac, Get a Free iPod Nano
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and placed in the moderation queue for the blog owner's approval.