1. Santa wears red clothes - Satan is depicted as being red in colour
2. You can spell Santa from the letters in Satan
3. Both live in extreme climates (one hot, one cold)
4. Both strike fear into little children - 'behave yourself or you will go to hell' or 'behave yourself or Santa will not bring you a present'
5. Both visit in the dead of night
6. Both use little minions to do their bidding - demons to possess and elves to make possessions
7. Santa encourages greed, envy, gluttony and pride which are 4 of the 'seven deadly sins' that could see you burn in hell
8. Both respond to wish lists but the personal cost will vary
9. Santa always enters a house down a chimney. The fire place is usually at the heart or soul of the house
10. There are a lot of loons on the inter-web who truly believe that Santa was invented by Satan
Other related posts:
I Thought I would Come Back
Unemployment does get boring
Over the 'i'
Comment by lugh, on 21-Dec-2007 11:41
I think the other 3 sins are still applicable: lust, sloth, and wrath (as in "why didn't I get what I wanted").
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and placed in the moderation queue for the blog owner's approval.