Tuesday 15 May 2007
Round Table - All
- Application Linker
- Could be turned into a Vista Gadget?
- Working together
- Can Tim help me with UPC?
Server Migration – David Bulog
- Budget $350K
- 5 new boxes = “blade” servers
- 3 old boxes = DR
- Can DR servers be set up with Replication?
- No they can’t
- Not allowed to be hot-swappable
- Budget constraint
- Windows Server 2003
- Is IIS6 standard?
- Is IIS7 a Service Pack upgrade?
- Move DTS package from PROD to SSIS on DEV (can still push to PROD).
- Send to Dave?
Word from the Top – Murray Mitchell
- Structural Changes
- Wellington App Dev Manager role happening “soon” (2 weeks)
- Capability (training) Manager also happening tomorrow
- Identity and Access Management – Meta-directory (Novell product) project to maintain/synchronise identities. Now Sun product is option (Novell difficult to engage).
- Peter Hill – service response reporting.
- Operating Model Reviews
- PROBE – major problems
- Mobile Devices
- Operational Separation
- Is immanent
- SAP teams will be hit hard
- Has implications for our work for Wholesale
- Shared Capability will remain as an entity with clear rules of engagement
- Engagement scores
- To be released soon after analysis
- Very dependable team
- no red flags
- no head count issues
- recruitment drive in the market generating considerable interest = 200 applications
WST Issues - Mike Owen
- Training – will be approved on a case-by-case basis
- Separation – will need to stay aware
- Tech Mahindra – will make ourselves available to assist them to assist us by explaining our needs for contract resources.
- Performance Reviews
Team Standards – Norman Close
- Database – Norman will create a document
- ASP.NET – James will create a document
- CMM – Team will not attempt to obtain an objective measure of standards, but will adhere to Best Practices as/when they become known
(Break for lunch)
New Stuff – Megha Barpande
- Use of Empty Data Template to present Details View embedded in Grid View
- Use of 3-tier – difficult to understand initially, but now very easy to implement and maintain.
- Grid View (design mode) will not show Enable Editing option, if the underlying Object Data Source doesn’t allow editing.
- Themes – for consistent look and feel
New Stuff – James
- SQL Migration Scripts
- Master Pages
- Forms Authentication & Authorisation
- Site Map, Site Navigation & Bread crumbs
Other related posts:
Teach Yourself Azure in 4 hours
Geek Post Monthly Newsletter Volume 2 Issue 10
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and shown in this blog post.