- Is there a size limitation on importing an Excel column via ODBC?
- I have a sheet that has a number of columns. When I try to import it, I get “[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]COUNT field incorrect “
- I’ve narrowed the problem down to a column where each cell contains > 256 characters. Does this matter?
- Even though the field contained text, when the ODBC reader attempted to grab it, it automatically deduced it was a Double field.
- Hence, it couldn’t populate a Double field with Text data.
- The solution was to simply format the cell as Text first, then let the reader do its work.
Other related posts:
Teach Yourself Azure in 4 hours
Geek Post Monthly Newsletter Volume 2 Issue 10
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and shown in this blog post.