- Myles Matheson
- Solution Specialist
- Microsoft New Zealand
- Explain the migration story for SSIS 2008
- Describe tools and practices for migration
- Provide guidance for current engagements
- We will not break existing installs
- This is not the next version of DTS – it’s the first version of a whole new product
- Migration is not perfect
- Redesign is a better option
- From DTS to SSIS
- Upgrade Experience
- Support for Migration
- Migrating Packages
- DTS Data Transformation and SSIS Data Flow objects models don’t map 1-1.
- Goal: Migrate all packages created by the Import/Export Wizard and any others with equivalent functionality
- What’s the first thing to do before a migration? Run Upgrade Advisor
- What happens when SSIS Migration Wizard can’t upgrade a DTS package? It will be encapsulated and called back from a legacy DTS runtime.
- What else should be first? Get funding/permission!
Other related posts:
GeekPost Weekly Newsletter Volume 4 Issue 7
MSDN Unplugged Roadshow Wellington
Right Sizing Agile Development - MSDN Magazine Webinar
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and shown in this blog post.