- Dr Greg Low
- SolidQ Australia
- They’re not sure
- They don’t want to be precise
- They do want to use their own terminology
- The want the answers fast
- Really limited choices
- Really strict terminology
- What can you do for me?
- WHERE Description LIKE ‘%hockey%’
- Search for: Pen
- Get Back: Pencil = fail
- Or Open, pendulum, penis
- (‘”exact match”’)
- FORMSOF(INFLECTIONAL, word)
- FORMSOF(THESAURUS, word)
- search for a sentence
- with ranking
- ISABOUT (with weighting)
- don’t go to the Books Online site
- Instead read Greg’s blog here: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/greg_low
- New Index Structure (the structure has been brought internal to the database engine)
- Upgrade options:
- Possible Upgrade methods
- In place
- New data types
- XML data types
- CLR UDT
- Extend the IFTS feature set
- snippets with hit-highlights
- field weighted relevance
- customizable tokenizing
- customizable proximity operator
- property level search
- Be heard now!
- IFTS can add significant value
- Implementation -> straightforward
- Management -> straightforward
- Users love this
- SQL Server 2008 has changed the game!
Other related posts:
GeekPost Weekly Newsletter Volume 4 Issue 7
MSDN Unplugged Roadshow Wellington
Right Sizing Agile Development - MSDN Magazine Webinar
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and shown in this blog post.