- Develop a solution concept
- Business goals represent what the customer wants to achieve through the solution.
- Solution Concept consists of: initial approach; success factors; security requirements; initial functionality
- Envisioning: User profiles; purpose and direction; usage scenarios
- Envisioning = Project Structure; Risk Assessment; Vision/Scope (not Functional Spec).
- Analyze the feasibility of the solution
- Vision/scope document contains list of features that have been excluded from scope (not the Functional Spec).
- Analyze and refine the scope of the solution project
- The Project Structure doc typically includes administrative structure of the team, deliverables of the team and tentative schedule.
- Logical design consist of: define solution; illustrate how it works; prove framework
- Identify key project risks
- Final Decision Maker: Program Management (not Project Management)
- Program Manager: create list of needed resources; compare to existing; decide how to acquire
Other related posts:
Teach Yourself Azure in 4 hours
Geek Post Monthly Newsletter Volume 2 Issue 10
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and shown in this blog post.