Invercargill is a great city, I always enjoy coming down here. The people are friendly, and it always seems like the sun is shining whenever I'm in town.
Things you should know about Southland:
- There are a lot of sheep
- There are even more cows
- Sooner or later you will get stuck behind a milk tanker (I got stuck behind three yesterday)
- You cannot buy beer or wine in the supermarket
- Southlanders love netball
- Bluff oysters are incredibly good
- Vodafone 3G coverage is excellent in Invercargill (it's flat)
- When in Tuatapere, you must try the sausages
Other related posts:
11/09/2001 Seven years on and my how the world has changed
Comment by chakkaradeep, on 14-Nov-2007 12:14
Here in Dunedin, the climate is worse. Rain, Rain...
Sun comes out, stays for may be 15 mins(??) and then again rain comes..and its repeating....
yesterday was worse...it was raining fully...
Comment by chris021, on 15-Nov-2007 12:58
i used to go down to work at Ballance now and again and found it to be a pretty awsome place!
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and shown in this blog post.