, posted: 19-Apr-2007 09:42
After nearly a month worth of mysterious fit that my SBS 2003 Exchange service failed to classify junk/UCE spams, and last night, with a big bite of bullet, I decided to reinstall several SBS components to help find the problem.
Reinstalling Exchange component, remove IMF v1/v2 via registry, reinstall Exchange SP2, and reinstall R2 technology for SBS, and a bit of fiddle, trying to sort of the bugger 0x85010004 Exchange ActiveSync problem between WM5 and Exchange server... in the end, it works, and as mysterious as it came, it is very mysterious as it went.
Still don't know what caused the mysterious failure in detecting the UCE with its IMFv2. I suspect that the IMF update got stuck on 2007.02.01 update via WSUS 3.0. Since then I have removed all WSUS and will monitor all updates manually (for now).
The buggery 0x85010004 problem with WM5 and Exchange ActiveSync seems to be a weird one, as before the incident, I don't recall I have "Enforce Device Password" checkbox on, but now I have to have it on, and allow "Allow access to unsupported devices (WM2003)" or wording along that line, and put in "Exception" for two user accounts. Then it works again.
Anyhow, I can now carrying living the a more spam-free environment once again.
Other related posts:
Telecom XT Pricing Plans Announced
Vista virtualisation ban lifted
64-bit Windows support in Boot Camp