Posted on 24-Jan-2003 14:34.
Filed under: News
Just got an e-mail from Palm, offering Dana direct from their Palm store! Dana was announced a couple of months ago, as a mix of handheld computer and notebook.
This is the product description from their site:
Dana features Palm OS, the world-standard handheld operating system, giving you access to more than 10,000 Palm applications. Included, is a full-sized keyboard and a screen that's 3.5 times wider than the typical handheld screen. You can type or enter data using the keyboard or write with the Dana stylus directly onto the screen. All Palm™ applications are compatible with Dana, and many are ready to take advantage of the wide screen.
With Dana, you can: print directly to your USB or IrDA-enabled printer; add MultiMediaCard or SD (Secure Digital) cards; and easily exchange files with many popular PC applications like Microsoft Word and Excel.
Features and Benefits
Runs Over 10,000 Applications
- Powered by Palm OS, Dana will run over 10,000 existing applications.
- Portable, made of sturdy polycarbonate ABS, Dana is lightweight and durable. It's easy to transport in a briefcase, backpack, or under your arm.
- Expandable (2 Secure Digital and MultiMediaCard compatible slots let you add memory, add devices, backup your data and more.)
- Connectable, easily synchronize data with a home, classroom or dorm room PC. Ability to share data and software with another Dana or Palm Powered device.
- Display: Advanced LCD with backlight. 3.5 times wider than the typical handheld.
- Expandability: 2 expansion slots for cards in Secure Digital (SD) or MultiMediaCard formats.
- On-screen Entry: On-screen entry uses Graffiti in the WritePad area and can be configured for right- and left-handed users.
- Dimensions: H 1.9 in; W 12.4 in; D 9.3 in (H 4.8 cm; W 31.4 cm; D 23.5 cm
- Weight: 2.0 lbs (0.91 kg)
- Desktop Import/Export: Import CSV, Tab delimited, TXT, vCard and vCal. Synchronize appointments, to-do list, memos, and word processing documents
- Operating System: Palm OS Software v4.1
- Power Options: Rechargeable battery pack, AC adapter, or 3 AA batteries (not included)
Flexible Storage Capacity: 8MB of memory. Stores thousands of addresses, years of appointments, hundreds of to-do items, memos, and documents, and more than 50 applications (based on average application size of 50K)
- Standard Palm applications optimized for Dana's wide screen: Address Book, Date Book, To Do List, and Memo Pad
- Made of sturdy polycarbonate ABS, Dana is lightweight and durable. It's easy to transport in a briefcase, backpack, or under your arm
- AlphaWord, a full-featured word processor with spell-checker and thesaurus, compatible with Microsoft Word file format
- PrintBoy from Bachmann Software provides direct printing from AlphaWord to IR or USB printers
- Palm Reader (for eBooks)
- Productivity Pack includes QuickOffice from Cutting Edge Software, providing integration with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Trial versions of popular Palm software (wide-screen enabled) are included on CD-ROM