The Institute of IT Professionals, in partnership with 8 other IT associations, today announced the establishment of the New Zealand Excellence in IT Awards with nominations opening this week.
The Excellence in IT Awards are designed to recognise the real people behind IT and software and the individuals and teams that make IT work.
The Awards are a collaboration of the Institute of IT Professionals with eight other IT associations including CITRENZ, NZRise, Internet NZ, the Project Management Institute of NZ, Health Informatics NZ, the Computer Science Association of NZ and two others to be announced.
IITP chief executive Paul Matthews today said “While existing awards programmes do an excellent job of recognising the companies and vendors who do great work, the Excellence Awards are focused squarely at the unsung heroes and champions of our sector.”
Nominations for the awards will open this Friday with winners announced at an inaugural gala dinner as part of the new ITx Conference in Auckland in October. ITx is New Zealand’s conference of IT and will be the broadest and largest independent general IT conference in New Zealand.
The awards will include a selection of specific sector awards which will change each year, as well as Supreme Awards recognising the best of the best.
Categories for 2014 include:
• IT Project Excellence Award, in association with PMI NZ;
• Excellence in Software (partner TBA);
• Excellence in Health Informatics, in association with HINZ;
• Excellence in Public Sector IT (partner TBA);
• Excellence in IT Education, in association with CITRENZ;
• Internet Entrepreneur of the Year, in association with InternetNZ and the Internet Industry Awards;
• Young IT Professional of the Year, in association with NZRise;
• IITP President’s Award for Contribution to the IT Profession;
• New Zealand IT Professional of the Year.
“This is an excellent collaboration in our sector and we’re excited to be working with many of the top IT associations and professional bodies in the IT industry,” Matthews said. “Through this collaboration, these awards will reach a broad audience and provide a great platform for recognising excellence in our profession. Finalists and winners will gain significant national exposure.”