Posted on 23-Aug-2007 18:33.
Filed under: News
Users looking to get the most out of Windows Vista can now get TweakVista, a comprehensive utility that enables users to modify a multitude of hidden or hard to access system settings to maximize the performance and reliability of Microsoft Windows Vista.
The program, standalone for US$19.95 or part of Object Desktop for US$49.95, has been designed to allow both casual, non-technical users to safely use it as well as contain a host of advanced features for power users.
“What this program essentially does is breaks free of the constraints of Windows Vista,” Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock explained. “It features easy one-click configuration changes that might otherwise be out of reach to the average user, and provides an in-depth level of configuration options to the power user who is able to dig deeper into the software for optimization and performance. All of the changes are easily rolled back, so you can’t do permanent damage if you make a mistake.”
Additionally, for those who are looking to become a little greener, TweakVista includes a Carbon Footprint feature that will actually show the amount of CO2 and other greenhouse gases, emitted each month by using your PC as well as the monthly electrical bill that results.
The software’s full lineup includes features:
• Security Handling: Users can now easily and safely adjust the way Windows handles security prompting including the new UAC (User Account Control)
• Memory Optimization: TweakVista knows which start-up services different types of users will typically use and offers recommendations on what services to disable. Users can easily switch between different profiles (including the default) based on their needs to maximize performance and memory use. In addition, TweakVista now leverages Crucialtm, a system scanner to show the user how to upgrade their memory, linked directly from our software to allow users to see what slots they have open and what type of memory to buy.
• Resource Control: Tweak Vista has several features for keeping an eye on and flagging programs that use excessive amounts of resources (memory, CPU, or system handles) as well as integrating seamlessly with built in hardware diagnostic reports.
• Start-Up Management: TweakVista not only will display and enable users to control what programs are loading on start-up but will identify in plain English what these programs do. Internet integration in the software allows users to comment on these processes within the program to one another.
• Performance Assessments: TweakVista uses the new Windows Vista assessment features to benchmark nearly every aspect of a user’s PC and allow them to submit their results for comparison with other users of similar or upgraded hardware.