Mindjet has launched MindManager 8 and MindManager Web/ Additionally, Mindjet delivered powerful publishing capabilities with the release of the all-new Mindjet Player.
With the new Mindjet Player fully interactive mind maps can be shared between multiple users.
MindManager 8 is an application that allows users to map ideas and information visually, starting with a central topic surrounded by subtopics arranged on lines, or “branches.” The map is a visual diagram that imitates the creator’s thoughts, with the interactive benefits of embedded data, live hyperlinks, collaboration capabilities, and much more.
MindManager Web is an all-new, elegant way to mind map and collaborate with others online. MindManager Web is a SaaS application which transforms your outline-oriented text documents into visual maps. You can edit your maps anywhere, anytime; co-edit maps with others; and pick who can access your maps within secure workspaces. Designed with the pedigree of the world’s most popular mind mapping application, MindManager Web is fully compatible with MindManager desktop software, and entering new topics and subtopics is as simple as hitting the Enter or Insert key.
“From day one we’ve had a mission: help eliminate information overload and improve productivity,” said Scott Raskin, Mindjet CEO. “This is a great milestone for Mindjet as we significantly raise the bar for productivity increases and collaboration with MindManager 8 and MindManager Web. In this unpredictable economy, only those who find new and better ways of managing their ideas and information and collaborating with others will survive. These two new products are transformative for people who want to make an impact, and Mindjet is working day and night to help people reach that goal.”
The new capabilities in MindManager 8 include:
- Mindjet Player – Transforms maps into fully interactive Adobe PDFs or Flash .SWF files. They can be shared with anyone, published to blogs and embedded in web pages.
- Embedded Browser – Maps now incorporate a browser window so you can view Web pages and PDF documents without leaving MindManager.
- Integrated Microsoft Office File Editing – You can view and edit attached Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint files from within MindManager’s embedded browser, eliminating the need to leave the map and launch a separate application.
- Integrated Web Services – Google and Yahoo! searches can be initiated directly inside a map, with mapped and editable search results that can be refreshed with one click, or automatically updated each time you open your map. MindManager 8 can also search Amazon, Facebook, MySpace, Microsoft Live Search, eBay, and StrikeIron.
- Searchable Maps – Maps created with MindManager are fully searchable by many popular desktop search applications. This includes the contents of maps, and also all of the attached documents.
- Automated Task Management – No more hours wasted updating due dates and dependencies when a task varies from its original schedule. Automated task management provides instant summations of task start dates, end dates, level of completion, and exception management.
- Database Linker – Real time information from spreadsheets and databases can be incorporated right into your map. MindManager can now access data from MS Excel, Oracle, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Access, and MySQL.