Following last year's release of Google Android support for the MobiForms Developer rapid application development tool, the team at MobiForms have announced the latest addition of Google Android support to the MobiForms Sync Server.
The MobiForms Sync Server enables bi-directional data replication, synchronisation and offline buffering between a master database server and any MobiForms mobile client running on Google Android and a host of other mobile platforms such as Windows Mobile.
Supported back office database servers include Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Sybase, IBM DB2, SQLite, HSQLDB and MySQL.
The MobiForms Sync Server is part of the MobiForms Advanced Edition and includes the MobiForms Developer.
The MobiForms Advance Edition now supports the full mobile development lifecycle for Google Android database apps including:
- Definition of database replication rules from the master database
- Creation and definition of mobile users
- Building a seed mobile database based on a subset of the master database
- Creation of a mobile application using the seed mobile database
- Deployment of the mobile application and seed mobile database
- Bi-directional data replication and status updates between the master database and the mobile client database
According to the company, unlike other similar products, the MobiForms Advanced Edition offers a total solution for a once off licence fee. The licence includes an unlimited number of MobiForms clients running on Tablet PC, Pocket PC, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Windows Smartphone, Symbian and now Google Android.