Norton to deliver personalised security service across multiple devices
Posted on 14-Sep-2011 10:23.
Filed under: News
Norton by Symantec has announced plans to deliver Norton One, a personalised service that will protect consumers across multiple devices, give them the option to select a combination of solutions that work for them, and take away the hassle and worry of securing and maintaining today’s connected household. The service is expected to be available in the first half of 2012.
Today’s internet-enabled household relies on multiple devices to communicate, work, shop and play. Norton market research has found that consumers in the United States have an average of 4.5 devices in their household between desktop computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more. All these devices need protection against online threats, but protection today needs to provide more than just basic security and must cover the distinct needs of all the household’s connected devices.
Norton One will be the industry’s first membership-based offering spanning PC, Mac and mobile security solutions. It will provide a different security experience in the following ways:
• One membership is all that’s needed to protect each connected device in the household, all managed from a single user interface.
• Customers will be able to easily pick and choose the technologies and support options they need to properly stay protected on all the devices they own – PCs, Macs, and mobile.
• New devices can be seamlessly added to the membership and quickly protected against online threats.
• Licences can be moved between devices or removed if the device is no longer being used.
• A diversified range of technologies and support will be offered, including security and performance.
• Customers will benefit through personalised services and premium support.
“Norton continues to expand its business with our Norton Everywhere initiative, delivering solutions that are focused on the individual, wherever they go and regardless of the device they’re using,” said Janice Chaffin, group president, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. “Norton One is a one-of-a-kind, new model that will address the security and service challenges that consumers face today.”