Posted on 31-Jan-2013 08:50.
Filed under: News
RSA, The Security Division of EMC Corporation, has announced the release of RSA Security Analytics, a transformational security monitoring and investigative solution designed to help organisations defend their digital assets against today’s most sophisticated internal and external threats.
Built on the architecture of RSA NetWitness technology, RSA Security Analytics fuses SIEM, Network Forensics, & Big Data analytics into a security platform that will be the cornerstone of next generation security operations centers.
The company says intelligence-driven security programs must begin with a comprehensive understanding of risk facing the organisation. Current security technologies, including SIEM tools, often fall short in this area; they cannot provided deep enough visibility into today’s threats and often cannot scale to today’s analytic needs.
By providing security professionals with the visibility to see and understand vulnerabilities and attacks, RSA Security Analytics is engineered to enable the discovery of risks as they occur, thus significantly cutting the time required for investigations from days to minutes.
Furthermore, by helping security professionals understand digital risks originating from both inside and outside their enterprise, organisations can better defend business assets, including intellectual property and other sensitive data, while reducing the time and cost associated with threat management and compliance-focused reporting.
The RSA Security Analytics Unified Platform is designed to deliver:
• Quick Capture and Analysis -- Security-relevant data, including full network packets, logs, and threat intelligence, are captured and quickly analysed to speed up the detection of potential threats.
• High Powered Analytics – Enables much larger-scale collection of data and empowers new analysis methods over that of traditional SIEM-based approaches to security. Integrated Threat Intelligence – Helps organisations operationalise the use of threat intelligence feeds to accelerate detection and investigations of potential attack tools and techniques targeting the enterprise.
• Context for Threats – Through integrations with the RSA Archer® GRC platform and RSA® Data Loss Prevention (DLP) suite, and by fusing data produced by other products, analysts can use business context to prioritise and allocate resources to the threats which pose the greatest risk.
• Malware Identification – Using a variety of investigative techniques, the solution identifies a much wider range of malware-based attacks.
• Automates Compliance Reporting – Helps enable compliance as an outcome of good security practices.
The integration of proven Big Data platforms and analytic methods into security tools provides a significant advancement to how security is performed. As built, the RSA Security Analytics platform brings together unparalleled visibility, leverages Big Data platforms and advanced analytic methods capable of identifying high risk activities, advanced threat mitigation and meeting compliance objectives.