- Visibility – eg clear icons and a clear path for the user to follow.
- Feedback – visual or audible cues to the user that an action is happening.
- Affordance – clear indication what something does for the user.
- Simplicity – nothing complicated, nothing fancy, really simple.
- Structure – group into sensible and related chunks.
- Consistency – follow conventions (eg "X" in top right corner).
- Tolerance – proactively try to prevent users from making errors
Other related posts:
How to get your Windows Azure hosted WordPress contact form working
NuPeek - a local NuGet and Symbol Server for .NET
Caliburn.Micro for Newbies Who Want to Write Clean WP7 Apps - Part 1: How to Configure a New Project With Folders
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and placed in the moderation queue for the blog owner's approval.