1. The darn thing is just so nice and powerful for something so small!
2. Size: having come from using a PDA2K it's so nice not to have to carry a brick
3. It uses a standard USB-to-miniUSB cable, which means no expensive specialised cables.
1. The nipple/joystick thing in the middle is trully a silly design. It is still hard for me to use it rapidly without mistakenly doing something other than what I intended. I still think the Sharp GX15 has the best middle navigation button that I have ever used.
2. Starting an application for the first time is a bit sluggish but it runs okay once started. Unfortunately there is no means of trully shutting down an application when you're done, a la the "File->Quit" menu in Windows application. Exiting into the homescreen just leaves the application running in the background. This is fine for some apps, e.g. the Messaging/Email, Contacts, Phone apps. Other things you'd ideally like to trully shut down when you're done with it. At the moment I achieve this through the Task Manager, which is still a pain. Admittedly I have installed SBSH Facade, which makes it all a bit easier. Still, would be nice to have a proper "File->Quit" type of menu.
Those are just my strongest opinions of the SP5. Even with those gripes I'm still fairly happy with this phone so far.
Other related posts:
SBSH Facade weirdness
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and placed in the moderation queue for the blog owner's approval.