ok looking at buying a Panasonic EH55 DVDR/HDD to use with Sky digital, im still not 100% i shouldn't buy my sky but for now im gonna go with a DVDR/HDD
1. Can you record sky onto the DVD Recorder? i.e. do they have VBI copy protection? Someone told me that you cant record some Sky channels onto a DVD/HDD
2. If they do use VBI what channels do they have it on - just Pay per view??
3. Is the Panasonic EH55 any good?? Can you:-
- name programs as you record them?
- group programs in a genre or category folder?
- record series of programs - i.e. record jamie oliver every monday at 8pm for the next 8 weeks?
- Does the NZ model of the EH55 have g-code?
4. Whats the process of doing this sky EPG booking to program sky digital to change the channel to the one you want to record at a specified time. How does this work - it sounds complicated?
Im sure i'll think of more questions but just wanted to put these ones up to see if anyone answers or whether this post just goes into the geekzone blackhole?