I'm looking at getting a new Telecom phone on a plan. (Sell Vodafone handset [Nokia 6230] -> Give Telecom its Sim card for a nice credit [Not interested in porting or anything] -> Upgrade Nokia 2118 [Prepay] to a nice phone with a nice plan)
I was looking at the Okta touch and quite like it.. But I'm dissapointed that it has no inbuilt support for DVORAK on its software keyboard. That it runs Windows mobile is a nice bonus.
I was also looking at the Okta Mondo - It looks quite nice and useful.. But as its new I have a lot of questions not many people can answer.. Hence I make this thread, looking for peoples thoughts on what phone I should get, that matches my uses and needs for it.
- Can be used for Tethered Data (plug into laptop and use mobile internet)
- Colour screen
- SMS Messaging
- Very tough keypad / input method (I sms a fair bit, often more than 2000 a month - thus keypads die after about 8 months)
- Be connected to my laptop via bluetooth, and use software to send SMS messages from it. (I do this with my Nokia 6230)
- Photo messaging
- Be WorldMode (GSM as an extra - like the Okta Mondo)
- Have inbuilt support for MSN / IRC or the capability to have applications installed that support MSN / IRC)
- Keypad locking with PIN (Im Paranoid.. It comes with the territory)