Looks like Vodafone's nudging into the whole Prepay combo pack market with their Prepay Smart plan, which basically is the Simply Prepay slapped with some "Smart-only" add-ons.
Prepay Smart has all the value of On Account, with the flexibility of Prepay.
You have the choice of three Add-On bundles at a great value price:
• Smart 25: up to 50 minutes to NZ mobiles & landlines, 2500 TXTs to NZ mobiles and 100MB of data a month for $25
• Smart 35: up to 50 minutes to NZ mobiles & landlines, 2500 TXTs to NZ mobiles, 150MB of data and a NZ Bestmate (1000 mins and TXTS to one nominated NZ mobile or Landline) a month for $35
• Smart 45: up to 100 minutes to NZ mobiles & landlines, 2500 TXTs to NZ mobiles, 250MB of data and a NZ Bestmate (1000 mins and TXTS to one nominated NZ mobile or Landline) a month for $45
If you use up all your Add-on before it renews don't worry you'll pay just:
• $0.49 per min to any mobile number in NZ
• Just $0.12 per txt to any NZ mobile
• $0.20 per MB
Even though the 20c/MB rate is the lowest casual data rate on Prepay, that's still quite bad especially considering smartphones are most likely the target market (now where did I get that...), which I can easily see chewing through even 250MB - heck that'll take me only a week or so to go through...
On the flip side though, BestMates (on Prepay Smart anyway) are now set for any number in New Zealand, though that 1000 minute and text ceiling still stands.
Good to see the telcos are turning the heat up.