Some points I think folks ned to remember when coming from a standard Digital Set-top box. T-Box is more than just a Receiver it is in fact a computer and needs to be treated as one, and with that being said here is some tips I have used and help two friends that were having some issues.
1. Just like your Home PC it will not run smoothly forever with out a reboot. Reboot once a week when you have no recording scheduled, it only takes a few minutes, turn off turn on , have diner all done. This resets the OS and memory etc.
2. I set the padding to 2 minutes and have no issues.
3. Clean up the Hard drive on a regular basis.
4. Do not place objects on top od the box, ensures the cables are neatly managed.Ensure the unit is clear of
of other device power supply bricks.Also position the unit so that it has adequate air flow clear of heat sources
and direct sunlight.
5. Do not click rapidly through the menu items etc on your remote, allow time for the unit to respond just as you would with your computer.
With these simple tips I have avoided and eliminated others issues.