my initial thoughts on the ps3 experience
1. had not issue installing/setting up (onscreen keyboard could use some work though, not sure why they cant just use the builtin ps3 keyboard)
2. GUI seems super low resolution, posters were hard to see in the smaller 8x2 grid, had to change view to only show 4 movies at a time
3. needs to add a "queue", wanted to add a few items to watch later but couldnt
4. watched "The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)", appeared to be a 4:3 ideo that was stretched to 16:9... quality was about dvd quality, acceptable but would like 720p on PS3 (actually on every device include PC/MAC)
5. Ordering of titles were off, sometimes the sequels appeared before the original or sequels out of order, also should ignore "the" when orderring the titles
6. some posters didnt show up and resulted in a "cross" not found image, suggesting it might be a html based interface running in the ps3 browser. could be completely wrong on that one.
what i would like
1. implement a queue with recommendations, they should look at the netflix experience and steal from them
2. increase resolution of GUI
3. use native on screen keyboard
but as it stands, the ps3 is very usable and works, i'd hope they would implement a xbox app then other tv apps (LG, samsung etc) then improve on the PS3 app. like i said it works, not perfect, but good enough for now, more important to focus on other devices.
1. needs more family/children movies, only saw a handful in there
2. needs some more classic movies, old movies that are just awesome to watch to fill out their catalog. but they had some gold in here, ghostbusters 1+2, karate kid etc
3. add some music dvds to their catalog, some live concerts etc
but as a whole i would recommend this to others, and im sure they will be happy with it and the catalog will improve provided people actually support it. its only $10 a month, thats a combo at wendys.