Niel: Next to the un-fitted Molex connecter it says DCIN-1. Next to the fitted 4 pin connector it says DCIN-2. It is a DC input connector.
Damn, you have sharp eyes. It always appeared to me as DCN-1 and DCN-2 and made me wonder what the heck that meant, but on a closer look it's just that they printed I and N so close together that they appear as a single letter N.
I am not sure about the significance of compliance to the charging port standards or the implementation of a dedicated charging port. If standard USB ports can currently handle charging of attached devices (and probably my hub would have been fine to if I've connected it to power as I should have, and if I installed the ASRock charging utitlity), what is the significance of a standard then, or a dedicated USB-like charging port?
Right-o. I'll need to play with the cables a bit to make sure I can reach the USB hub from my PSU, but I'll chop off that tongue on the bottom of the berg connector and pray really hard that it does what it's supposed to do. I'll need to find a test machine for the 3G modem that is the primary candidate for faultiness and see if it works. I also noticed that I didn't describe how blew my mobo the last time entirely correctly. The TP-Link WiFi adaptor was connected to the internal port, not the external one. This can be significant because the internal port is labelled USB6 (USB5 is empty), but the headers are labelled USB5-2 and USB6-2, and they were both being used at the same time. It could be that I am not supposed to use both the headers and the internal port simultaneously...