My impressions so far, never having used a windows phone before:
- Metro looks superb. To me the difference between it and iPhone/Android is as great as the difference between architecture before and after WWII. Fretwork and stained glass didn't last in new construction except for nostalgic reasons - and I wonder if we really think cutesy 3d icons will too? Sure, there are some very nice looking apps for both iPhone and Android - but isn't it jarring when you have to go back to the OS?
- Surprised to find that Flash and Silverlight(!) don't run on it. I was hoping I could watch quickflix or tv catchups
- There's no file browser! I guess there will be an Astro equivalent somewhere in the marketplace. But I suppose I won't have to spend too much time weeding files with 15GB of storage
- Loving the slide out keyboard - though a few apps don't spin round for it
- I'm not too upset about being end-versioned - in fact that's probably what made this phone so affordable. Actually quite excited about getting 7.8 in future
- I can't find tethering, I assume it's my ignorance as others seem to have figured it out
- Pay for Angry Birds?? Cmon, don't treat me like a fanboi!
- The Zune software is less than special. I thought I was going to be escaping Samsung Kies-like crap with this phone...
Any tips for a likely cohort of WP7 n00bs wanting to find out how to get the best out of their new toys?