dafman: Ex-android owners - what's your verdict? WP8 doesn't match up? About the same? Is better than android, glad you made the change?
1. If you like benchmark/customize/ROMing - windows phone is not for you.
2. App availability is tiny (prob 5% of what android store has at this point of time)
3. Dropbox is not supported but skydrive is well integrated.
4. Transferring your contact/calendar to winpho from google is easy.
5. I use gtalk extensively between family - not supported on winpho.
6. The UI is fast n smooth as android 4.1.
Winpho is good if you are new to smartphone scene or a current apple/iphone user (easy to learn/use) but can be few steps backward if you are an android power user.