Long time TCL cable user here. I have bought a new home and TCL cable isnt available but luckily for me UFB is and I think I will be going with snap.
My problem is setup of my new network.
I will be having the UFB guys come and begin the installation process after we get settled and will get going with the Fritzbox 7390.
My issues are:
1. Will the wifi on this be good enough to reach all areas and be non stuttery on media streaming or gaming
2. Cable with cat 6 whilst the installers are here?
3. Go for ethernet over powerline tech?
My system will be as follows:
-personal desktop for gaming/main use - located at B in floorplan
-TV/ps3 media extender near A in floorplan
-NAS server located at either A or B
-laptop/ipad/smartphones on wifi around the house
Key points are:
1. Low ping gaming and good streaming to desktop at B
2. Ditto at A for ps3/TV
Floorplan of house below:
The two points for install of the UFB/router are either A or B. Garage and entry face towards road.
My current thoughts:
1. Locate router at A and plug NAS, PS3 etc directly in there. Potential issue: poor connection to B if using wifi but probable good connection around rest of house for laptops etc.
solution? Wire it with ethernet or ethernet over power. Will the latter give adequate speed and Im assuming there could be issues here if on different circuit?
2. Locate router at B and plug NAS, mothership PC and NAS directly in and either hardwire or ethernet over powerline to media extender.
Ideally id not like to chop up the house too much.
House is linea and block and 6 years old- see below.
Interested in your thoughts and input. Apologies if this is somewhat long winded.
Backyard and likely TV location: