The GreenPo1son jalibreak worked flawlessly and I've installed the following apps which make the iPad now pretty much perfect for me:
1. BTStack wireless mouse and wireless keyboard - I needed this for when I'm out of the office away from my PC for extended periods. Without a keyboard and mouse its pretty hard to be productive on the iPad. Basically turns it into a small laptop when I need it. Cost mouse is free, keyboard is $5. Only issue is that the iPad becomes slow to respond on wifi at the same time. However it is normal when conencted to 3G.
2. Backgrounder. This free ap allows selective multi tasking when you press and hold the home button in app. Run Skype in the background. Awesome. This should be available with next update fro Apple.
3. Real SMS via SwirlySMS free - works just like a real cell phone should. Apple really should enable this as standard for 3G iPads!
4. Display out - display everything on the iPad (not just selected apps) on an external screen/projector. Cost US$2.99. Why isn't this standard?!?
5. Fullforce - display iPhone apps in full screen high res like a real iPad app. Works for mmost of them - free
6. MXTube (free) or Yourtube for downloading youtube videos to your iPad.
So if you have been thinking about doing this I would recommend giving it a go. If it all turns pear shaped you just need to do a full restore and it'll be like brand new again.