I'm on Maxnet naked ADSL, and filled out the form to switch last Friday. That's cool, sign up, get the email to say if you've already got ADSL, to give Slingshot a call and give out those details. All fine and good, get a date for install, Thursday the 24th.
Wednesday comes, and get a text message to say "Tomorrow is your install day! things might be up and down for 3 hours".
Come home from work, no dial tone on the line, ad the modem only gets auth from the Maxnet account, not if I put in the Slingshot one. That's ok, I figure, it's still technically the 24th until midnight.
Friday rolls around, still no change, so I ring up.
Turns out the tech was waiting for if it needed to be a full install (ie wiring) or not. Ok; valid-ish question if it was a new install, but not so much if it's a transfer - and doubly so if it was No on the form I filled in. Maybe it was misread, or something down the line, however, once it was raised it wasn't ever asked of me! I had to ring up a day after the install date.
Anyway, that got sorted and I was was told I'd be contacted and told about a new install day. Doesn't come on Friday, but that's fine.
This morning, however, I get a text and an email to say I'm connected. No dial tone, no connection to the 'net unless I put back in the Maxnet user.
At this point, I just need one or the other of my ISP's to be out of the picture - as it'll be over a week now of essentially paying for both at the same time.