1. Very important - POTS must work all the time, even when main powers is lost and/or the DSL is down.
- go to Telecom or one of the other ISPs with a competitive POTS+internet option.
2. POTS is not the most important thing, but sometimes I need a local phone number people can call and I really don't want to mess around with setting up ATAs, VOIP phones and/or VOIP software. However I don't mind being locked into having a certain modem type and perhaps a longer contract than some of the other options.
- go for the Genius option from Orcon.
3. POTS is not important at all - I only use the mobile or Skype these days and I prefer my own choice of modem.
- go for a true Naked DSL offering.
4. Not the most important thing, but I would like to have a local number, my own choice of modem and don't mind messing around with the VOIP configuration.
- go Naked DSL and then add VOIP from 2Talk or another provider of your choice.
No doubt there are a few other options.
Perhaps someone might like to make a flowchart?