OK connection speed may not be the best 14000 down and 1000 ‘ish up, I’m going to rewire with Cat5 / 6 to squeeze some more out, but from what I have seen in these forums it should be fast enough.
We have issues that include the following:
- Phone Echo’s, you can hear yourself talking a ¼ to ½ a second after you have said something this is very disconcerting.
- Lost Words – you hear every second word or even whole sentences it makes it very hard to listen to people. Also noisy environment can also cause dropouts – I think this is some form of post processing this could be liked together.
- Android talk – seems the system auto adjusts to the point that calls sound you’re listening to a Robot. (On a good day the Quality can be great much clearer than Analogue)
- Lost connections – calling home I just get through to Voicemail even when we are at home, self-diagnostics suggest this could be that we have not ended the call on the phone by pushing the disconnect button from a previous call this is intermittent but really annoying, as we have missed calls.
- Volume issues – Where the call fades out while talking / listening to someone it comes back.
Now my second area of grief, I moved from the 200GB plan to the unlimited plan not for Internet but for the free national calls now at peak time the internet gets slow. The 200GB plan was great, plus downloads can be disconnected.
I love what Orcon is offering but I feel that the number of new customers on the new plans is hammering the network.
Bottom line is that after a number of years if I cannot get at least the phone working reliably I’m going to have to change provider.