I'm looking for a half-decent PVR / Freeview solution. Currently have DVD recorder (no HDD) / Sky Digital (not HD) but am fed up of recording to DVD-RAM, swapping discs and also paying Sky.
Not prepared to pay $1000 for the Zinwell official Freeview HD PVR and don't have time to get an HTPC up and running - might do that in another year or so.
Did a lot of reading around yesterday (mainly on forums here) and there seem to be a couple of decent ones available:
Hyundai AH-3110 $600
1. Have I missed any other options?
2. Is the extra $300 worth it for the Hyundai? - I know I get DVB-S as well as T, NTFS / EXT3 instead of FAT32, extra connectivity (SCART / VGA) - anything else?
3. Either better than the other for DIVX playback?
4. Will these get full EPG functionality similar to the approved PVRs (e.g. "series link")?
5. Anything else on the horizon? - e.g. Freeview PVRs from the likes of Panasonic
Thanks for your help.