I have a Zinwell ZMT-640PVR (1.2.2 firmware) box that has worked OK (some minor issues!) for a few years.
However in the last month or so, we've noticed it has started behaving badly, with symptons such as:
* 10-20 seconds to bring up the EPG
* When the EPG is displayed, 2-3 seconds to scroll up/down the program list
* 2-5 seconds to respond to channel changes
(actually - pretty much everything now has a delay!)
* When playing back video, sometimes up to 5 seconds to respond to fast-forward/rewind (which is annoying to the point where we don't bother fast forwarding any more - a win for the advertisers I guess!)
* And strangely, can no longer fast-forward TV3 recordings (?!)
I initially blamed this on the remote (we use a universal remote), so tried the original Zinwell remote (with fresh batteries). No difference.
So I assumed my box was just flaky. Until... I talked to my mother who happens to have an identical box with the same firmware - and found out she's experiencing exactly the same issues! She'd actually brought the TV3 fast-forward issue to my attention and I verified I couldn't either.
So - anyone have any ideas what could be causing this (and even better - how to fix it!)? I can't pinpoint exactly when the issues started, but was possibly around the time this was done:
I've tried resetting the system to factory defaults and rescanning the channels - no joy :(.