I am trying to sort out what I need to do to get my 7.1 Channel Home Theatre System working...
I have the following...
- Samsung UA55D7000 55” Series 7 LED. http://www.samsung.com/nz/support/model/UA55D7000LMXRD
- Samsung HT-E6750W (home Theatre) hooked up the the ARC HDMI input on the tv. http://www.samsung.com/nz/consumer/tv-audio-video/home-theatre/home-theatre-systems/HT-E6750W/XY-spec
- GeForce GT 220
- Software Player = XBMC Frodo (v12)
I have been told that I cannot play HD audio with this set-up... best I can do is LPCM to Home Theatre System. Is this correct?
- Will the Geforce GT 220 decode DTS to LPCM? or What video card do I need to decode DTS to LPCM?
- What sort of files should I be using AC3, AAC, DTS? What is better?
- Do I need to plug the HTPC directly into the Receiver? or will ARC do?
- What will my receiver work with from my HTPC... I see the following in the specs... SO what does DTS mean under "Audio Features"?
# of Sound Modes (DSP) 8
Auto Sound Calibration (ASC)
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Pro Logic II
Dolby True HD
3D Sound Plus