First there is a:
2 degrees alert: Good news! Your included plan mins, texts & MBs have been renewed for the mth. To Check bals dial *100*4# or log into Your 2 degrees. Enjoy!
Then later that same day you get another Text message saying:
Hi, We've emailed this months bill for $xx.xx Payment is due 19 Jan. You're setup for auto payment on the due date.
Seven days later another Text Message:
Hi. See your email for this months bill for $xx.xx due in -2 days. If you've set up an auto payment there's no need to do anything.
2 days pass and another Text Message:
Hi there. Thanks for your payment. This has now been credited to your account. Have a great day.
Text message are distracting when they arrive! You may have heard the saying - If you want your boss's attention then text him/her instead of email. That because we have the tendency to drop what we are doing and view the text message when it arrives.
I am getting pretty angry at 2 degrees because I do not need to be interrupted by these text messages. This is because:
- I know the account rolls over each month. That is the arrangement we made.
- I do not require a text to say read your email. I read my email on an oftenly basis!
- I know and they know that I am set up for automatic payment, so I do not require am monthly text telling me so!
- I do not require a reminder that you are going to credit my account two days in advance.
- I do not require a text saying you have credited my account.
There must be some powerful reason why 2D will not stop sending these message, but I the customer is getting pretty irate!