defnz: I know the CWM kernel flash works as I did it for KF4, after rooting, then flashing the stock XEU KF4 kernel to get rid of the yellow triangle
I might just use Odin to flash the whole rom, got titanium backup pro anyway :D
So per nzgeek's post the process is:
1. Flash 2.3.4 rom with Odin
2. CF-root kernel with Odin, presumably any kernel version?
3. Use CWM to flash the 2.3.4 kernel?
Is that correct?
1. - yes
2. - yes, I used the KE7 - the kernel that matched my original stock firmware
3. - Can't say, I used Odin not sure why you wouldn't use Odin again like you do in step 2.