freitasm:vinnieg: At least they are handling it well. As long as they fully refund you and offer to pay the return shipping too
They are not. Getting the goods back, and sending to the supplier will just make them sell the same things somewhere else. They should be used as evidence.
But, you can see how much an international investigation would cost and why law enforcement wouldn't even bother...
That's true actually, Streetbitz would be best to just refund all, get the supplier refund or take a loss on the product.
On seeing the photos of the said "Memory card" imo it's looking less and less likely that Streetbitz were "accidentally" involved. If they were realistic about selling goods, they shoudl first obtain samples from the respective suppliers. And if they received memory cards in this packaging, why did they ship them out in the first place?
Looking at their website they are doing quite a few things wrong:
- Not allowing you to view the website without signing up the newsletter...SPAM act maybe?
Previous deals which are counterfeit:
- GReddy BOV - $140 (Aliexpress $24.99) - could get stuck causing boost/vacuum leaks. Potential to stuff up turbine
- Tomei FPR - $110 ($17.21) - potential to lean out the engine, causing massive damage
- Samurai Shark - $19($2.19 a piece) - knife sharpener where your hand is directly under it while sharpening...
- SARD FPR - $110($15.99 a piece) - again, potential to cause massive engine damage
- HKS Turbo timer $99($20 a piece) - not too much danger here, just a standard timer
Think I'll include this in a report to the ComCom, who were very quick to respond to me last time :)
With most of those car parts above, they could have even put "Replica" or "Greddy COPY". At least people would know of the dangers of using cheap copied parts.