This is a port of Cyanogen 7.2 (based on Android Gingerbread 2.3.7) for the Huawei X1 (U8180). The current port status is stable - all hardware is working correctly. All credit goes to Subpsyke over at XDA for his work porting CM7 over to the U8160/VF Smart 858. My ROM is based on his. I will be releasing some of the Telecom NZ customisations from the stock 2.2 ROM.
Update 6/01/12: I won't be releasing any more updates for the ROM. Instead download and install the U8160 version on which this was based. It now supports the U8180. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1259739
Latest Release: The Subpsyke ROM on XDA now properly supports the U8180 - it can be found here.
Latest Hotfix: none
Latest Google Apps package: official: minimal (20110828)
Customisation packages: Telecom NZ Boot animation | ICS system fonts
- Clockwork and RA recovery images + Fastboot: http://www.multiupload.com/CWJQ0HY9DK
- USB Drivers for ADB/Recovery/Fastboot:
Recovery can be installed using the Recovery Manager app. This requires a rooted device and Superuser to be installed. NOTE: Copy whichever recovery you wish to use and copy it to your SD card, make sure to remove any spaces in the file name.
- Reboot into recovery.
- Do a factory data reset.
- Choose the option install update from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard.
- Install the following packages:
- The base package, named update-CM7-U8180-X.Y-signed.zip
- [Optional] The latest hotfix package for the same base package version, named update-CM7-U8180-X.Y-hotfixZ.zip
- The latest Google Apps package, named gapps-gb-DATE-signed.zip
- Once all packages are installed, you can now reboot.
Releases / Changelog:
- v2.0 RC
- Users should find this release to be significantly faster than previous ones.
- Updated CyanogenMod source (7.2.0-RC0).
- Kernel: rebuilt using latest stable linaro gcc release: 4.5-2011.11
- Kernel: fixed phone freeze issue when USB tethering is interrupted. This change also seems to reduce general system lag that was being caused by a conflict in the USB drivers.
- Kernel: fixed "back" softkey alignment.
- Kernel: fixed touchscreen right edge sensitivity issue (portrait).
- Renamed wifi device from eth0 -> wlan0 for better consistency.
- Re-enabled surface dithering by default; it has been reported that font rendering is improved with this option enabled.
- Experimental build.prop tweak to enable 3mp camera support (untested).
- This is a big release. The ROM is being reverted to pure CyanogenMod with a separate customisation package to follow. Wipe /system before flashing.
- Updated CyanogenMod source.
- Partial fix for third-party camera apps (e.g. barcode scanners).
- Other tweaks for speed and reliabilty.
- Added Telecom NZ boot animation.
- Removed buggy ADW launcher and replaced with LauncherPro.
- Removed DSPManager
- Hotfix 2: Updated device permissions. This fixes the sound recorder and camcorder.
- Hotfix 1: Reverted to v5 wpa_supplicant. This solves the issue in which wifi refuses to connect to hidden SSIDs.
- Updated CyanogenMod source.
- Included some patches to bring further improvements to 2D graphics & general system performance.
- Patched framework to swap volume controls when the phone is rotated 90 degrees.
- Improve USB transfer speed while in UMS (USB Mass Storage) mode.
- Fix some graphical corruption on widgets in stock Camera app.
- Other small fixes.
- Updated CyanogenMod source - final 7.1 release.
- Improved 2D rendering speed.
- Switched to EU GPS servers.
- Fixed headset/media control keys.
- Re-enabled automatic brightness.
- Hotfix 3: Kernel: reverted to stable compcache (ramzswap) driver. Framework: disabled JNI debugging -this fixes force-close errors in some applications such as TapFish, and increases overall system performance.
- Hotfix 2: Kernel: improved multitouch driver to fix touchscreen accuracy (especially soft keys), improved haptic feedback, fix to zram module. Small fixes to libaudio (the distortion is not yet resolved, however).
- Hotfix 1: Kernel: added compcache (zram.ko) module, reduced boot delay, unlocked 729Mhz frequency, small bugfixes. Framework: enable compcache by default (18% RAM usage, customizable in CyanogenMod Settings - Performance -> Compcache RAM Usage.)
- Updated CyanogenMod source: now based on Gingerbread version 2.3.7.
- Kernel now supports under/overclock from 30Mhz - 710Mhz (min/max frequency is set to 30Mhz - 600Mhz by default, so you must manually activate the higher frequencies via Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Performance -> CPU settings). Thanks to estebanSannin. NOTE: I accept no responsibility for any damage caused as a result of overclocking.
- FM Radio app: fixed seeking (left/right arrows).
- Disabled automatic brightness (it potentially avoids battery drain, and never worked anyway).
- Enable workaround to prevent corruption issues if you use the Simple2EXT app2sd app.
- Reverted Gallery app to 2D version, due to lack of hardware 3D acceleration on phone.
- Added compatibility with sebastian404's ClockworkMod port. You can now install this ROM using his CWM recovery.
- Improved FM volume calculation, reduced overall volume & small fixes to audio code.
- Various small bugfixes.
- Hotfix 1: Boot: removed custom lowmemorykiller tweaks; kernel: various updates (smartassV2, TinyRCU, Simple and V(R) IO schedulers), bugfixes and optimizations, changed default scheduler to Simple IO; libaudio: code cleanup; Framework: enabled hardware-accelerated 2D rendering.
- First release. All hardware appears to be working correctly
Not working / TODO:
- Excessive bass/distortion at >75% speaker volume.
- Third-party apps that use the camera (e.g. barcode scanners).
- Nothing yet.
- Kernel: based on Huawei U8160 2.6.32 source with multitouch enabled, BFQ/Simple IO scheduler, upgraded CPU schedulers (including smartass/interactive), overclock to 729Mhz and some patches to improve CyanogenMod compatibility.