Anyway, my Galaxy S got wet and I needed some way to dry it. Sure there are various ways, like the bowl of rice in a hot water cupboard, hair dryer on low, air compressor with a moisture filter fitted. But I have found something else, that is easy.
Obviously take the phone apart, I mean battery out, sim card out, MicroSD if you have one. Sealed devices like the iPhone are going to have to make do. Now as I said, I found something that was easy and runs quite warm, and that is my TP-Link Modem. So for a couple of hours I left my Galaxy S on this and now phone is running and charging. It helps if your modem has a flat top so the phone can be placed on it. It worked for me, but results may vary. Now just have to see if it holds its charge. If not, S3 here I come, come end of May.