I'm not made of money and will have to skimp and save up for a few weeks to afford even a $200 phone, anything more expensive is out of the question unless it meets all of my desires; although even the more expensive phones look pretty unappealing to me. So here is what I want, in roughly descending order of importance:
* Plays music.
* 3.5mm headphone jack, failing that 2.5mm.
* Shuffle mode.
* Absolutely NO touch screens.
* Flip phone, others considered if their keypad lock is robust.
* Ability to turn OFF predictive txt, preferably permanently.
* Quality OS, home brand is fine but no LG or anything else written by monkeys. Has to be fit for purpose as a cellphone, with some room for configuration of functions.
* FLAC playback an advantage.
* Preferably it won't beep, flash, vibrate, or do the moonwalk just because it's finished charging/been plugged into the charger/is running low on charge/feels a disturbance in the force.
* Basic browser an advantage.
* Buttons designed for fat fingers instead of ant's legs preferred.
* WiFi a very distant pipe dream.
I don't care about 3G, voice recording, cameras, bluetooth, external speakers, super bright/high contrast, endorsed by celebrities, or even personalization of background images and menu themes; so long as the default isn't gaudy. If it helps you get a sense of my 'style' and priorities: when I was looking at dedicated mp3 players I was pretty firmly looking at the sandisk sansa clip zip, I'd have to import it as no-one seems to sell it in NZ. But for a similar price to an ipod shuffle I could get twice the inbuilt space plus a microSD expansion slot, and a screen so I could see what I'm doing; in a player not much bigger. Convention and function over a strange 'talk to me' button, and for the same price? Hell yeah.
So what do you think geekzone? Do you know of a cellphone that can perform basic functions WELL without the need to be faster than a speeding bullet or win fashion shows?
Thank you in advance for any hints, suggestions, recommendations, compliments, condemnations, anecdotes, or cat gifs that you feel are a worthy reply to my request.