rayonline: With todays featured and expensive phones .... how do you use it .... to prevent it going offboard, try and make a compromise and select maybe 4 or 5 things.
Basic text and call.
(yep pretty boring :D )
Web email at the hotel (only away from home, overseas or NZ).
Offline GPS as I travel abroad regularly (only away from home, overseas or NZ).
Music (overseas on flight) as I use no frills airlines. But generally don't use this.
I use my smart phone as a mini-PC.....
1. Email / TXT / phone
2. Social networks (FB, G+, Tw)
3. Camera - stills and video - 2D and 3D
4. web browsing / RSS feeds / news updates / information / GEEKZONE!!!
5. MP3 player / video player
6. Apps of all kinds, as required.