I'm Looking for a new Phone to replace my aging Nokia 5130 Xpressmusic phone which seems to be inexplicably crashing, even after a reset and firmware update. Preferably under $500 and am not necessarily looking for a "bees knees" smart phone as such.
Requirements (Must have):
- Decent Music Playing phone with good sound quality and doesn't mind being connected to AUX input of stereos. -- The Nokia express I currently have has to be turned up to max volume to get anything decent out of the stereos and it distorts enough to be frustrating at that level.
- Standard 3.5mm RCA jack so I can plug in a standard set of earphones to listen to Music/podcasts. (Definitely do not want anything proprietary)
- Non intrusive periodic Unread SMS reminder (subtle audio beep or vibration), -- I don't receive many texts and the ones I do receive are usually important. The Nokia 5130 lacked such a feature and annoyed the heck out of me as I often would forget to check my phone for long periods.
- Expandable SD memory (at least upto 32GB)]
- Free of hideously annoying usability limitations. (e.g restrictive file name length limit, etc) -- An old Samsung (I forget the model) I used to have had this limitation. Often I would throw on some podcasts I've just download from the net and rush out to catch the bus, only to find that the podcasts have a file name too long and the Samsung would refuse to play them. (Insert Mega rage face from rage comics here)
- Basic, but reliable Organizer / Calendar -- Most phones I've used seem okay in this department
- Reliable Wake up alarm -- Most phones I've used seem okay in this department
- Good battery life. Can be left on standby for a few days. -- Unfortunately, this might exclude many smart phones as they tend to only last a day on a full charge.
- And of course must be able to reliably make and receive phone calls and text messages. -- Old Samsung would inexplicably lose service. Nokia 5130 did not suffer from this problem.
Nice to have (but not mandatory):
- WiFi access.
- Good quality 5MP camera
- Basic Text editor.
Thanks for any suggestions :)