Samsung 32" LCD
TiVO 320, connected direct to TV via HDMI
Connected to the net via Wireless.
When we first turn on the TV (with the TiVo Remote) the buttons on the remote that have been programmed to work with the TV work fine but it takes 30-60 seconds for the Tivo buttons to start working correctly.
The red light on the Tivo remote lights up each time a button is pressed but the yellow light on the front of the Tivo does not appear. Slowly the button presses start to work and after a minute of the TV being on and the first remote button press everything is responsive, but for that 1st period of time it can be quite frustrating.
The issue occurs each time we turn the TV on for use after it has been inactive for awhile. We use the TV power function on the Tivo remote to turn the TV on and we can adjust the volume straight away. The 'Tivo' commands from the remote are not however consistently received by the Tivo unit for 30-60 seconds.
Tests Carried out so Far:
- Changed the batteries in the remote.
- Tried from directly in front of the TiVo unit.
- Turned off all other devices (DVD Recorder and VCR).
- I was supplied a replacement remote from TiVo, still the same symptoms.
- Tried with and without energy saver lightbulbs in case they were causing interference.
- I performed a global rest of the remote and this made no difference.
- When the remote is viewed through a camera viewfinder the 'blue' light is visible.
From the symptoms we are seeing the remote is working fine and it seems like there is a warm up period on the TiVo unit where it does not respond to the remote commands for 30 seconds after you first try, and then for the next 30 seconds it responds intermitedly. After approximately 60 seconds the Remote and Tivo unit work perfectly as expected.
Is anyone else experiencing this, or do I have a faulty device?