I'd like to introduce myself and my start up.
I'm Joel van Velden and i'm the founder of a new startup company Cloud Scale Ltd.
After lots of months of hammering away, we've just launched a cloud storage IasS service hosted here in NZ.
Our unique value proposition is to take Amazon S3 which we think is an amazing service, and build our own API-compatible version for countries like New Zealand which Amazon is never going to build out to. Being NZ owned helps too.
We charge 33c/GB-Month for stored data (3x replicated in a single facility); 0c/GB data transfer in, 26c/GB out.
We also have a free tier to make trying us easy (credit card still required, just like Amazon).
Why would you use us over Amazon?
- NZ based, so data sovereignty and legal issues go away or are drastically reduced.
- NZ based, so data transfers are fast (on the internet distance affects maximum speed)
- We're flexible. Give us a call and we can do a deal. Seriously, if you have a lot of data, call us! Everything is negotiable.
- We're locally peered (APE, WIX, etc,) so depending on your ISP you might have lower data costs. (some ISPs (particularly for businesses) charge less for local data and some are even free).
- Our data out rates are competitive so use us as a CDN for large files you want to distribute.
- NZD so no currency fluctuations. Predictable bills.
- No long term contracts.
- No minimum spend.
- No annoying sales people who want to meet you and "discuss your business" standing in the way of getting a price out of them which you can't publish because it's under NDA!
- We actually publish our prices! and actually want your business!
- We return your calls, no matter how small you are.
Edit: Woops, forgot to add our website www.cloudscale.co.nz