We've had a pretty solid 4.5 - 5Mbps sustained throughput to the US in the past with Fyx for streaming video. Lately though it's been struggling to get 2Mbps, which leaves SD as the only streaming option, which is pretty annoying.
Has anyone else using Fyx noticed a drop in bandwidth to the US?
Make sure you provide information for other users to help you. If you have not already done it, please EDIT your post and add this now:
- Your ISP and plan
- Type of connection (ADSL, ADSL2, VDSL)
- Your modem DSL stats (do not worry about posting Speedtest, we need sync rate, attenuation and noise margin)
- Your general location (or street)
- If you are rural or urban
- If you know your connection is to an exchange, cabinet or conklin
- If your connection is to a ULL or wholesale service
- If you have done an isolation test as per the link above
Most of the problems with speed are likely to be related to internal wiring issues. Read this discussion to find out more about this. Your ISP is not intentionally slowing you down today (unless you are on a managed plan). Also if this is the school holidays it's likely you will notice slower than usual speed due to more users online.
A master splitter is required for VDSL2 and in most cases will improve speeds on DSL connections. Regular disconnections can be a monitored alarm or a set top box trying to connect. If there's an alarm connected to your line even if you don't have an alarm contract it may still try to connect so it's worth checking.