I have a Celsius oil column heater. I moved to a house recently and it's been fine for a few weeks, but today coming home I noticed the kettle in the kitchen didn't come on. Thinking the kettle was busted, I began to realise maybe it was a fuse. I pushed it in and there was an almighty spark and it popped back out again. I went upstairs and noticed my oil column heater was plugged in (but importantly wasn't on). I unplugged it anyway and then reset the fuse. It was fine. I put my heater on (it's cold...). An almighty spark shot out of the front and the fuse popped again. I unplugged the heater, reset the fuse. I got my spike protecting power strip and tried that. All seemed fine. Then later when the heater tried to restart it shot out another spark and the power bar cut out. The fuse had popped.
Does this sound like the heater is shorting, or maybe the house wiring is dodgy? Maybe it's not good at drawing 2000+ watts? But it was fine for the last few weeks. I noticed at night the heater, even when it was off, was still emitting a slight glow from the power light as if it was still drawing power. It remained like this until I unplugged it. Anyway I ordered a DeLonghi so I hope it's the heater....bloody freezing now.