This thread, is to discuss the features and services provided within, and for, the Nokia N97, where to find them, and how to use them.
It is not, for discussing the device release date, or raving how good it is, there are threads already available covering those topics.
If you have any questions or knowledge, such as where to find a particular app, where a certain setting is found, how to use a particular N97 service or feature, or how to modify or personalise something, please ask or post your knowledge here.
This is, the Nokia N97 Owners Club.
- Joikuspot - Turn your mobile into a hotspot
- Sports Tracker
- SmartMovie - For playing avi/divx, but jerky
- Nokia Photo Browser - Enhanced photo browser
- Gravity - A Twitter ap, 1.20 Alpha is avail
- Shazam - Listens to, recognises then names song
- Key Lock Clock - Displays a clock when the device is key locked
- Ovi Maps 3.0 - Latest version of Nokia Maps
- HandyTaskman - Monitor system resources, kill running Aps
- Nimbuzz - Multiple client Instant Messenger
- WeFi - Hotspot finder/connector and community
- Compass - A big compass
- FlipSilent - Flip the mobile over to silence it
- Pixelpipe - Easily share/publish your photos & videos
- Google Maps - Alternative to Nokia Maps, includes street view
- Google Latitiude - Share you location live using GPS
- N-Gage - Nokias gaming platform, extracted file found here
- Connect 4 - Classic old game
- YouTube - Latest Youtube app
- Quickoffice - Touch optimised full document editing office suite
- Sesimometer - Measure movement
- Labyrynth - Classic game, tilt N97 to move ball around labyrynth
- Counter - Use to count people through the door, whatever
- Mail for Exchange - Microsoft Outlook for Nokia, sync your mail, contacts, appointments etc
Via NSU or *#0000#:
- Firmware 11.0.021 (previous version 10.0.0.12)
Via SW update:
- Maps 3.1 - the latest version of Ovi Maps. This replaces Nokia Maps 2.0 that shipped with the device.
- N97 C: Phone memory update - a helper application to free space on the internal memory drive.
- N-Gage application 1.3 - adds the N-Gage games service to the Nokia N97.
- Ovi Contacts 1.2 - adds the Ovi Contacts/Chat service, this is Nokia's presence and IM service.
- Nokia Messaging 10.0 - adds the Nokia Messaging service (consumer push email) to the N97, which can be used to replace the email functions of the Messaging application.
- NSU (Nokia Software Updater - PC application)
- SW update (updates the included Nokia software)
- *#0000# - options - check for updates (updates the firmware)
- *#06# displays the IMEI the serial number of your phone
- *#0000# displays the firmware and its date
- *#92702689# (*#war_anty) displays the “warranty-menu” of your phone.
- *#2820# (*#bta_#) displays the bluetooth-address of your device.
- *#62209526# (*#mac_wlan#) displays the MAC-address of your phone it works just for the Wifi phones.
- Holding # for three seconds on the home screen you change the active profile to silent or back.
- By pressing 0 (zero) for three seconds on the home-screen you easily can open the web browser.
- By pressing the Menu/Home key for three seconds you open the task manager, which shows all opened applications.
- Homepage connectivity settings not available to edit in Connectivity menu
- Widgets/apps that connect to the internet bu have no editable connectivty settings cause issues
- Lack off codec support (divx/avi etc)
- Facebook widget/app buggy, will not open at times
- Mobileways - Some good S60 v5 Apps
- nokiAAdict - A variety of 'free' Apps
- SizzeldCore - A variety of Apps
- ThinkChange - A variety of Apps
(This first post will be reguarly updaed with new/known bugs and apps)