Wholesale VDSL2 ServiceWholesale VDSL2 Service (WVS) is a premium, next generation service targeted towards high value broadband end-users. It delivers super-fast speeds. It is optimised to enable service providers to innovate and tailor their customers' broadband experience - with the best coverage in New Zealand.
WVS is now in the soft launch phase. This gives service providers the opportunity to develop products to meet the needs of their end-users and ensure support services are available.
Broadband services based on WVS are targeted at:
High value residential end-users who currently pay $50 or more for their broadband, and:
Are performance conscious, including tech savvy individuals, gamers and families with teenagers.
Want faster performance (throughput and headline speed), latest technology (got to have) and multiple connections with minimal speed degradation.
Small businesses with one to five users who currently consume a consumer broadband plan, and want:
Faster performance (throughput) to access services, consistency in times of congestion, faster upload to quicker file transfer and multiple connections with minimal speed degradation.
Product InformationProduct Specifications: Wholesale VDSL2 Service (WVS) Service Description - September 2010
Availability: Broadband Coverage Report 18 January 2011 - provides current information on our ADSL2+ and VDSL2 rollouts by cabinet and exchange
Pricing: Wholesale VDSL2 Service (WVS) Ratecard - November 2010
Service Level Options: View the last page of the service description. We will only monitor SLAs in soft launch. We will report on SLAs after full launch.
Geographic Coverage: Broadband Service Availability Tool provides information on broadband services at a specific address
How to order: Via OO&T
Introductory Offer - Get Superfast 300
The first 300 connections on either the soft or full launch will receive:
Free WVS for three months
Free tail extension three months
Free port change charge
We also have 100 modems to give away on a first come, first served basis.
Terms and Conditions:
This Get Superfast 300 offer is available for the first 300 connections or until 31 March 2011.
Modems are available while stocks last.
No early termination charge will be charged for connections under the offer that are relinquished within the first 3 months.
Only the WVS charges stated above will be credited within the offer, POTS is not included.
Credits will be applied against your monthly invoice.
Service providers are able to keep the modems given away as part of the offer.
If you would like access to one of the 100 free modems in the Get Superfast 300 WVS offer you need to:
1.Place WVS order in OO&T
2.Send OO&T ID and RFS date to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a modem and providing address to courier to (please note - we can only courier to service providers not to end-users).
3.Email will be returned to confirm that request has been received and that ConnectPlay has been requested to courier modem. ConnectPlay is the Thomson modem distributor in New Zealand.
4.To find out how many modems are still up for grabs check the secure section of this page regularly.
- Telecom Wholesale provides modems in the offer under the following terms:
- Thomson TG789vn modems will be provided under the free offer through ConnectPlay.
- Telecom Wholesale does not provide support for the modems.
- Service Providers are responsible for engaging with ConnectPlay to obtain support required for modems. Email ConnectPlay or call 09-5891350.
- User Set Up guide for the modem is available: User Set Up Guide for Thomson TG789vn VDSL2 Modem - October 2010
WVS Set Up Guide and Checklist
Outlines the steps needed for service providers to set up on WVS.
WVS Set Up Guide - August 2010
WVS End User Equipment Guide
Provides a checklist to guide service providers through key aspects that are recommended for consideration when selecting end-user equipment to be used with WVS.
WVS End User Equipment Guide - August 2010
Proof of Concept - End User Equipment
The purpose of the Proof of Concept testing in the Telecom’s Network Integration Laboratory (NIL) is to assist customer premises equipment vendors and service providers to:
- Validate the compatibility of selected modems and residential gateways (RGWs) against the requirements of WVS
- Identify suitable modems and residential gateways for WVS
- As an optional step, test the backward compatibility of the modems/gateways with ADSL2+
Through trialling, the project will reduce risk, fill knowledge gaps and increase likelihood of successful delivery.
Final proof of concept test plan
WVS proof of concept test results
- VDSL2 soft launch now available without POTS
- Wholesale VDSL2 Service soft launch and intro offer
- VDSL2 launch timings, pricing and service descriptions
- Wholesale VDSL2 Service (WVS) update - 10 November 2010
- Wholesale VDSL2 Service (WVS) Update and More - 09 September 2010
- Wholesale Broadband Roadmap Update - 23 September 2009