I see the website says you need a vodafone DSL connection but i have a number of rural subscribers on our microwave radio broadband network who would love to get cellphone coverage at their homes, and dont care if its metered (even though we would unmeter it)
I realise vodafone would like you to have a dsl connection with them for
- keeping their marketing department happy
- Unmetering femtocell backhaul data
But i am really keen to find out if they have it firewalled off from the general internet.
Am almost thinking i should get a VF dsl connection into our office and nat the femtocell data across it as if an end user doesnt mind their ISP's policy, vf should be allowing people to use the sure signal boxes.
The reason i see this is because
- Heaps of small isp's serve rural areas where RBI wont provide coverage
- The end user doesnt mind if the cell calls and data is metered through their isp
- It provides a great way for vf to expand coverage into rural homes without cost
- It would encourage telecom's rural customers to switch to vf if they are on fringe coverage.
sorry my simple question got a bit long. It was "has anyone tried using one of these boxes via another isp?"