Thinking of moving to one of the new Vodafone UFB (over cable) + Vodafone TV bundles/deals.
I'd be interested in the experiences of folk who've already made a similar switch. How does the user experience and overall package of Vodafone TV compare to My Sky HDi? For e.g.:
- storage capacity of Voda TV recorder is stated as 300GB, does it fill up any faster than Sky HDi? Any option to bump it up as with My Sky+?
- picture quality - any noticeable difference in level of compression over UFB vs satellite? (yes I'm aware from reading other threads the HD/SD channel designations are the same on both, so comparing say Sky Sport 1 HD on both is there any difference?)
- can you still sign-up for and use the Sky Go service on an iPad for instance?
- and how about the Sky android/iphone apps that 'talk' to the Sky HDi unit to allow remote recording - do they work with the VF TV box too? If not, is there any VF TV equivalent?
- user interface - understand VF TV is higher res, but how's the speed? (saw one user posting it was a bit slower)